The Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC) office is responsible for recruiting, retaining and sustaining a high quality volunteer force through innovative and effective enterprise solutions and ensures human resources readiness of the Total Army across the full spectrum of operations.
Federal Government Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
Apply to work in Japan through the USAJOBS website: https://www.usajobs.gov/
Federal Civilian Employee Benefits
- Please check with your servicing human resources technician to make sure all pre-employment requirements are met before giving your current employer notice.
- All new employees must complete an OF 306 and a SF 85 (Security Questionnaire for Non-Sensitive Positions) unless a secret/top secret clearance is required.
- All veterans must provide us with a DD 214 member 4 copy for all periods of active duty service. Veterans receiving compensation for a service connected disability must provide us with a SF 15 and a copy of their VA rating letter (no medical information please).
- If your position requires a pre-employment physical and/or drug test, you will be contacted by your servicing human resources technician to set up an appointment.
- Newly hired employees must conduct In-Processing procedures with the following:
1. Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC)
2. Your new organization (who you will be working for)
3. Local Garrison Command (may be applicable if living on a military installation)
- Camp Zama CPAC In-processing is completed virtually for Army employee's stationed in Japan. You will be provided an appointment time and phone number to in-process via telecom.
- Prior to your appointment, your in-processing forms will be emailed to your personal email address or your sponsor. Check your junk mail folder in your email or your sponsor if these forms have not been received. Please have these forms ready before in-processing appointment to send to the Camp Zama CPAC for processing.
- You will also need to have copies of your US Passport, Birth Certificate or Certification of Naturalization, ready before your in-processing appointment.
- For CONUS to OCONUS hires, you will have additional steps to complete to request allowances and submit vouchers after you arrive in Japan. CPAC will provide additional forms and instructions to those individuals.
- In addition to in-processing with CPAC, please ensure you work with your new organization to complete their in-processing requirements. Each organization has their own unique in-processing requirements and procedures.
- You will mostly likely also need to in-process with your local Garrison Command for installation requirements. Please work with your sponsor to receive these requirements.