The U.S. Army Japan Inspector General serves as an extension of the commanding general's eyes, ears, voice, and conscience and advises the commanding general on the state of discipline, economy, efficiency, morale and readiness of assigned units in order to facilitate operational readiness and capability.
- Inquires into and reports on the state of the economy, efficiency, discipline, morale, esprit de corps, and readiness of the command.
- Advises the CG on matters pertaining to mission performance and on existing conditions relating to individuals, units, and activities of the command. Recommends remedial action to correct deficiencies and delinquencies.
- Serves as the proponent for the broad inspection policy within the command.
- Conducts general and special inspections of staff offices, subordinate commands, and attached and other units and activities. Reports inspection results to the CG, identifies root causes, recommends solutions, and fixes responsibility for implementation.
- Conducts inquiries, surveys, and investigations as directed by the CG, the IG, or as prescribed by law or regulation, and provides a report of such investigations and inquires to the directing authority.
- Provides assistance on an area basis and provides a system for resolving problems of Soldiers, Department of Army civilians (DACs), family members, retirees, and others who need help with problems related to the U.S. Army.
- Serves as ombudsman for Soldiers and civilians who request assistance or submit a grievance through the IG Action Request (IGAR) process.
- Provides IG services to non-U.S. Army Japan units located in Japan, when requested or as directed by the CG.
Filing a concern/complaint with the IG
If you need assistance or want to file a complaint contact us at the following email address or numbers.
|Command IG: ||DSN: 315-262-3821 / Within Japan: 046-407-3821 |
|Detailed IG: ||DSN: 315-262-5019 / Within Japan: 046-407-5019 |
|IG SGM: ||DSN: 315-262-4901 / Within Japan: 046-407-4901 |
|Local National IG: ||DSN: 315-262-3821 / Within Japan: 046-407-3821 |
|Fax number: ||DSN: 315-263-5138 / Within Japan: 046-407-5138 |
|Okinawa IG: ||DSN: 315-644-4989 / Within Japan: 081-6117-4989 |
|Address: || Office of the Inspector General, |
Unit 45005 (APAJ-IG),
APO AP 96343-5005
Email any questions or comments to us at the Office of the Inspector General.
Our office is located on the first floor or Bldg. 101 in office E109.
In Okinawa, our office is on Torii Station, Bldg. 218, Room 211.
|Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: ||9 a.m. - 5 p.m. |
|Wednesday: ||9 a.m. - 3 p.m. |
|Training & Federal Holidays: ||Closed |