FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY – NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED ENDORSEMENT BY DOD OR THE ARMY
CLICK HERE FOR LIST OF CLINICS AND LINKS(AS OF OCT 22)
Hours and payment/contact data subject to change. MEDDAC-Japan is not responsible for changes – please contact each institution directly for specific information.
TRICARE Overseas Prime beneficiaries must consult a PCM before seeking care off-post unless it is an emergency.
For off-post emergencies, please call 119.
Off-Post Civilian Medical Care:
- Most clinics and hospitals in Japan require payment in cash (Yen) before a medical service is provided. In rare cases, some facilities may take a credit card. Patients must pay the medical facility and file a reimbursement claim with their insurance provider. Please take a minimum of $15,000 Yen for a routine office visit.
- Hospitals and clinics in Japan will accept walk-ins for the first visit.
Procedures for Space-Available patients:
- Space-Available patient categories include TRICARE for Life, TRICARE Select, non-enrolled beneficiaries and persons who provide direct services to the U.S. Armed Forces outside the United States.
- A referral from MEDDAC-Japan is not required for Space-Available patients to seek care off-post.
- Space-Available patients should be familiar with their insurance plans and should contact their insurance company before seeking care overseas.
- Space-Available patients should arrange for an interpreter if they are referred by a local civilian provider to a specialist at a different hospital. MEDDAC-Japan does not provide this service. Some major facilities in Kanagawa Prefecture offer language support services through the Multilanguage Information Center (MIC) Kanagawa. Prearrangement through the hospital is required. There is a fee associated with this service.
- MEDDAC Japan does not translate medical documentation from English to Japanese or Japanese to English for Space-Available patients.