United States Army Japan (USARJ) is primarily located on the islands of Honshu and Okinawa. Our headquarters is located in Camp Zama on the main island of Honshu.
Come live and work at Camp Zama, Japan, a multiple Army Community of Excellence Award winner! Camp Zama is a small community about 25 miles southwest of Tokyo and boasts superb MWR facilities that provide a myriad of recreational activities. When you're ready to venture off post, Japan's elaborate train systems provide fast, convenient access to numerous cultural and sightseeing destinations.
More about Honshu and Camp Zama: U.S. Army Garrison Japan (Camp Zama)
Okinawa is Japan's southernmost prefecture. The islands making up Okinawa prefecture are known as the Ryukyu Islands and have a native culture, which is distinctly different from that of the rest of Japan in terms of language, cuisine, arts, etc. Okinawa's climate is subtropical, with temperatures rarely falling below 59 degrees in winter. The seas surrounding Okinawa's islands are among the world’s most beautiful with coral reefs and abundant marine wildlife. Okinawa is home to a bustling international airport that hosts cheap and flights to various locales in southeast Asia for those who enjoy traveling and experiencing other cultures.
More about Okinawa and Torii Station: U.S. Army Garrison Okinawa (Torii Station)
- Total Army Sponsorship Program (TASP) - Soldiers PCSing to Japan will need to use the Army Career Tracker's Total Army Sponsorship Program to initiate the DA Form 5434 (Sponsorship Program Counseling and Information Sheet) and request a sponsor. Click HERE to view the TASP Incoming Soldier Quick Start Guide.
- Federal Government Civilian Employees relocating to Japan will be assigned a sponsor from their new unit to assist with their move. Contact the Camp Zama Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC) or your new supervisor for more information. Camp Zama CPAC provides support for both Honshu and Okinawa, Japan.
- U.S. Army Garrison Japan Newcomers - For Soldiers, civilians and family members relocating to Camp Zama, Japan (Honshu).
- U.S. Army Garrison Okinawa Newcomers - For Soldiers, civilians and family members relocating to Torii Station, Japan (Okinawa).
Join Our Team
- Employment for U.S. Citizens/Nationals
- Apply through the USAJOBS website: https://www.usajobs.gov/
- Learn about Civilian Overseas Benefits and Entitlements on the Camp Zama Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC) web page (for both Honshu and Okinawa): Camp Zama CPAC
- Employment for Japanese Citizens/Nationals