Camp Zama Information
Camp Zama, former garrison of the Japanese Imperial Forces Academy (similar to West Point), is situated 33 miles southwest of central Tokyo on the Kanto Plain of Honshu. It is bordered by the Japanese cities of Zama City, Sagamihara, and Sobudai.
|Days w/ precipitation||5||6||10||11||12||15||15||12||15||12||8||5|
|Amount of precipitation(inches)||1.7||2.1||3.7||4.3||4.9||7.4||6.7||7.6||7.9||6.3||3.5||1.7|
SITE SUPPORT FACILITIES
- Billeting. Please review the Billeting page in order to coordinate your lodging in Japan.
- Laundry Services. The laundry/dry cleaning facility is open 1000-1700 Monday through Friday and 0900-1200 on Saturday. Free laundry is not available. Washers and dryers are located in most billeting facilities for use by occupants.
- Medical/Dental Support. Military sick call is by appointment only. Call the Patient Appointment Line at 263-4175 or 046-407-4175 between 0700-0730 M-F for priority sick call appointments. MEDDAC-Japan provides medical transportation and translation services to host-nation emergency services. For emergencies, dial 911 on-post or 119 off-post.
- Food Service. During the period of 24-hour operations, the dining facility will not be operating for midnight meals, but will either prepare box lunches or possibly issue MRE. Exact details will be announced prior to 24-hour operations commencing. Dining is also available at the Camp Zama Community Club, PX food court, Bldg. 101 cafeteria, and Golf Club House.
- Postal Services. Main Post Office operating hours are Monday through Friday 0900-1700, Saturdays 1000-1300. Other than the main Post Office, there is an annex in room M123, Bldg 102, operating Monday - Friday 0900 - 1130.
- Yen Sales/Check Cashing. The Camp Zama Community Bank provides check cashing and yen conversion, as well as, the cashier of the Camp Zama Community Club. The Army Air Force Exchange cashier will also cash personal checks. There is also an Automatic Teller Machine (ATM) located at the Community Bank where you can receive yen or dollars 24 hours a day. To utilize the Community Bank with no surcharge, ensure you have your orders with you.
- Red Cross. Notification will be via the USARJ Command Center. Red Cross rapid communication services are available on a 24 hour basis to and from American Red Cross CONUS and other Red Cross world wide locations as follows:
- Duty hours: Station Manager, Camp Zama, Japan DSN 263 3166/5297.
- Non duty hours: Red Cross emergency duty worker, Yokota AFB, Japan DSN 225 2536/2537.
- Personnel participating in the annual training are requested to inform relatives that emergency notification must be transmitted through their local Red Cross to the Red Cross in Japan. This communication flow of emergency situations will help expedite emergency leave processing. Provide your SSN with family members to assist the Red Cross.
- Military Aid Society loans for emergency travel will be approved by Army Emergency Relief (AER). During duty hours contact Army Community Service at DSN 263-8091 and the Yokota Command Post for after hour assistance. In the event that an individual is unable to reach Army Emergency Relief, the individual may contact AER through the American Red Cross 24 hour call center at 877-272-7337.
- Emergency Leave. DIMA personnel notified of an emergency leave situation will report to their unit senior person for processing. The senior person will contact 17th ASG for the following applicable assistance:
- Obtaining in-country (Japan) airline reservations and tickets.
- Ground transportation to the airport and travel itinerary to destination.
- Obtaining emergency financial assistance from Army Emergency Relief or from the American Red Cross acting on behalf of the Military Aid Society.
- Obtaining fund cite for return travel to the port of debarkation.
- Narita International Airport has a mandatory 2,040 yen departure fee for all persons departing on international flights. It is the individual's responsibility to pay this fee.
- Movies/Cultural Orientations. There is a movie theater located at Sagamihara Housing Area (one train stop away if you are without transportation). Shows are Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, with matinees on Saturday. Listings of upcoming movies is at the Main PX
- Religious Services/Chaplain Program. A wide spectrum of religious services are held at Camp Zama Chapel and the Sagamihara Chapel. Information on times and location are available at the Chapel and on Command Channel 12.
- Post Exchange Camp Zama Army Air Force Exchange System retail store, food court, shoppette and cafeteria are available to all participants with proper identification and orders when necessary.
- Barber Services/Beauty Shop. Barber Shops - There are two barber shops and a beauty shop on Camp Zama.
|Room E132, Bldg 101||Monday - Friday||0900 - 1700|
|Across from PX||Daily||1000 - 1730|
|Across from PX||Tuesday - Sunday||1000 - 1730|
- Camp Zama Community Club. Camp Zama Community Club serves food, beverages and has entertainment throughout the week. Check out the club schedule for events and specials.
- Kokusai Denshin Denwa (KDD) Overseas Telephones. Overseas telephones are located in Building 101 East Entrance, and outside the main exchange. Phone cards can be purchased from vending machines at the shopette, mini-mall, and lodging office.
- Other Morale, Welfare and Recreation Facilities.
--Camp Zama Bowling Center - in addition to bowling a snack bar is also located in this facility. Hours of operation Sunday through Wednesday 1100-2200 and Thursday - Friday 1100-2300.
--Camp Zama Golf Course - in addition to the 18-hole golf course, driving range and a pro shop, a restaurant is also located at the facility. Operating hours are Monday through Friday 0700-1700 and Saturday - Sunday 0600-1700.
--Camp Zama Craft Center - Hours of operation 1300-2100 Wed and Thurs, 1000- 1800 Fri - Sun
--Camp Zama Library - Hours of operation 1030-2030 Mon - Thurs, 1000-1800 Fri - Sun.
--Camp Zama Cultural Center - Concerts, plays and other cultural events are as publicized. Check out the marquee and Command Channel 12.
- On Post Transportation - There is limited shuttle bus service on post. The hours and routes are posted at different locations throughout the post, but most places here are within walking distance. You may rent a bicycle from the Outdoor Recreation enter.