Welcome to Headquarters and Headquarters Battery!
We are the headquarters element for 1-1 ADA. Our unit consists all of the individual staff sections, the Fire Distribution Section, Chaplain, Cooks, Medics, Battalion Readiness Center, and the Big 5 leadership. In addition to the Battalion level sections, HHB has its own support elements of training room, orderly room, CBRN, Arms, and Supply Room.
1-1 ADA has been on Okinawa since 2006 and the HHB ensures that the firing batteries of Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, and Delta are properly supported in their mission, in all aspects. We are the largest unit in 1-1 ADA, with an enormous focus of effort here on Okinawa, but we always get the mission done and take pride in all that we do here. Not only are we the low-density unit on the island, but we are the Battalion’s experts in everything that happens here in 1-1 ADA. We are, and will continue to be, the standard bearers for this Battalion. In both example and position, HHB leads the way.
"No Mission Too Tough!"
As with all units in the United States Army, it is our mission to fight and win the nation’s wars. HHB will execute this mission with 5 lines of effort.
- Lead with Actions: Simply put, keep this motto: "Act right, do right".
- Live the Army Values: These are not flexible nor are the concepts to be sporadically followed. Period.
- Be prepared to go to war tomorrow: In all aspects of readiness – maintenance, marksmanship, APFT, and Battle focused training—this unit will be ready to "Fight tonight".
- Replace yourself: All leaders will develop and lead their subordinates to take on new responsibilities while here in HHB. There is no honor in withholding information to make yourself look good. All in this unit deserve to be utilized to their full potential.
- Live above the common level of life: Never settle for the standard, push yourself and those around you to be the best, no matter what is at hand. Don’t allow "average" to be your "best".
Click on a photo to see full size
- To create a disciplined and well training combat ready Headquarters and Headquarters Battery able to rapidly deploy, engage in combat fully supporting the Army's future operational needs.
- Develop a unit where leadership, discipline, physical training, teamwork, and operational training and maintenance are the STANDARD bearers for the battalion.
- Foster a work environment where Soldiers and their families are the priority. Never leave family care to someone else.